chaplin

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Send me your radio programmes

Every week I write previews of the following week's radio for The Guardian Guide.I was complaining to a radio professional this week that it tended to be overwhelmingly Radio Four. "It's not surprising," he said. "They're the only people who make anything." And this is a guy who worked in the commercial sector.

I know there are cases of people doing preview-worthy programming beyond Radios 3 and 4 but they don't tend to be organised enough to send out preview recordings. I know some radio professionals look at this blog. If you're one of them, or if you know one of them, get in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Writing radio previews was my first job. I tended to concentrate on the non-commercial classical and talk stations of our public broadcasting systems, you could spin off in any direction, and not insult your own or the reader's intelligence. But I was supposed to include commercial radio, however it was a lot harder to find stories or care about which jock was going where. All they fed me was details of their competitions. When I mentioned this to a promo guy he said, "but those ARE our programmes."

    ReplyDelete